Friday, January 01, 2016

2015 Movie Round-Up

As we start off 2016, I like to take a look back at my movie watching for the past year and turn it into statistics.  I enjoy looking back and seeing what month was most prosperous, and where I feel off track.

Compared to previous years, 2015 was bad.  I only watched 96 movies, which is probably an all-time low for me.  A few changes took place in my life though, and I had to learn to manage time better, and it was movie watching that took the biggest hit.  I have high hopes though for 2016, so as I look back on the past year, I will not dwell upon it.

First off, my 2015 movie diary can be found here.  Letterboxd took over for Pinterest, and I believe it was for the best.

Out of the 96 movies, 63 (66%) were first time viewings, leaving 33 (34%) as movies I had seen before,  I'm happy with this, but is down from last year.

Month by Month Breakdowns

January - 12 (13%)
February - 7 (7%)
March - 6 (6%)
April - 6 (6%)
May - 5 (5%)
June - 10 (11%)
July - 8 (8%)
August - 17 (18%)
September - 2 (25)
October - 5 (5%)
November - 4 (4%)
December 14 (15%)

No real steady viewing habits it seems.

Film highlights of 2015 include:

Theatrical: Mad Max: Fury Road, Jurassic World, Inside Out, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Star Wars: The Force Awakens

First time Viewing: The Descent, The Guest, John Wick, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Zodiac, Motel Hell

Repeat Viewing: Groundhog Day (On Feb 2), The Poseidon Adventure, Watching Back to the Future trilogy on 10-21, Introducing Elizabeth to the original Star Wars trilogy

I'm already ahead of 2015, as I went and saw The Hateful Eight this afternoon with Dave.  My first movie of 2015 was on January 13th, so that is a plus in my book.  I'm hoping to blog a lot more this coming year as well.

A plan for movies, I'm not really sure.  I'm hoping to watch at least 2-3 movies a week, and knock some stuff off of my "To Be Watched" list.  But I'm setting no goals, nor making any promises.  I will make the best of 2016 though.

No comments: