Wednesday, July 31, 2013

07/31/2013

I've fallen behind on my updating, it seems, but I shall just pick up from where I last left off and see what I decide to write tonight.

Elizabeth and I spent this last weekend in Baltimore, celebrating our 4 year anniversary.  She planned the whole trip, leaving it a surprise to me.  We had a great time up there, and we're already planning a second visit.  We went to Medieval Times for dinner on Friday night, and Saturday spent all day at Inner Harbor, which is where our hotel was.  We walked everywhere, which included the cemetery where Poe is buried, the Ripley's museum, a pop culture museum (which was super cool), and Camden Yard.  I got to knock seeing a professional baseball game off my 40 before 40 list! (The Orioles lost to the Red Sox, 7-3. Highlight of the game: David Ortiz being ejected from the game.)

Movie wise, it's been a slow month.  Since Pacific Rim, I've been to the movies twice and have watched one Blu-Ray.

112) Red 2 - This was lots of fun, and almost as good as the first one!  The action was great, and has a good ensemble cast.

113) The Goonies - Easily one of my top 10 favorite films, and I had to opportunity to see in on the big screen at the Movie Tavern's RetroCinema.  Such a great film.  It was one of the films on the list I made for Elizabeth, and Dave joined us as well.

114) The Burning - Finally got around to watching my Scream Factory BR release of this flick, and it is great.  The film is a solid '80s slasher film, with some great kills in it.  And even though it takes place at a summer camp and it gets compared to the Friday the 13th franchise, a main difference is you care about the kids in this film.  When I'm watching a F13 movie, I'm rooting for Jason.  The special features are pretty good, with a few interviews with a couple actors (including Cropsy!) and the editor, and the best feature being an interview with make-up artist Tom Savini.  I've yet to be disappointed by a Scream Factory release, and they have some good stuff I look forward to adding to my collection being released in the near future.

With that, I headed out.  Hopefully I will stay on top of this thing.  LoL.  Who knows, maybe I will get some traffic one day.

No comments: