Saturday, May 02, 2015

April Thrift Store finds

Time for some catching up.  I've been meaning to take the time to write up an entry, as I've done some thrifting recently and had the Library book sale a few weeks ago, but just have let it slide by.  That ends tonight!

First up, let's take a look at the finds I found last time I went thrifting.


First up, this awesome Batman Begins trapper keeper.  It's in great condition, and probably was never used.  A worthy find, and I've taken it to work to be used.


I'm a collector of the Men Adventure books, and though I'm trying to complete my Executioner and Mack Bolan series, some of the spin-off series have also been joining my collection.  One of the local thrifts had quite a collection of Able Team and SOBs.  I almost picked up SOBs as they had 32 of the 34 titles in the series, but Able Team was one I was already collecting and picking these up was a little less expensive.


Speaking of The Executioner books, a few newer titles of the series I didn't have.  Some day I will get around to reading these.


Another adventure series that I collect, Rogue Angel. Rarely see these out in the wild, so I snagged the ones I knew I needed.  Elizabeth reads this series as well, so a good find for both of us.



The random picture.  I'm torn as to what the real highlight of this picture is for me: the Nikita Koloff autobiography Wrestling With Sucess or Dinner & A Movie cookbook.  As much as I love finding wrestling biographies, I'm leaning towards the cookbook.  I remember watching Dinner & A Movie all the time on TBS, and this is a nice walk down memory lane.  Also thought the CSI: graphic novel was a nice find, as I rarely see them out.  I'm a sucker for '70s horror, so Outbreak was a cool find.  Not pictured in On Edge by Adam Copeland, as it was sans dust jacket.


My young adult horror finds.  The complete trilogy of 99 Fear Street: The House of Evil is easily my favorite thing out of this stack.  But also glad to find two Christoper Pike books I didn't have and a "True" ghost story collection.


Last but not least, my favorite stuff to find: media tie-ins!  I got a nice assortment with this trip.  The Demon Knight novelization is my favorite thing from this pic.  I'm not 100% sure what Mommy's Day, but I trust Max Allan Collins as a writer.

That is it for my thrift store finds.  Next up are the items I found at the annual Library book sale this year.  Not as much as previous years, but still came out of there with some nice gems.


The Hammett collection was a nice find, and I didn't have the Krakauer book.  I probably have at least one copy of The Firm, but I'm a sucker for movie tie-in cover art.  A Time To Kill is one of the 5,000 Wynwood Press editions.

  
The two Indiana Jones: Find Your Fate were fun finds, but it's a toss-up for favorite thing in this picture between The Official Nintendo Player's Guide and Tales from the Crypt volume 3.  I had all those TFTC kid volumes growing up, and this brought back a lot of memories.  But that Nintendo guide also holds a lot of nostalgia too!


A random assortment of titles.  Nothing too special, but I was unaware Christopher Pike had written some adult novels as well.


Lastly, the additions to my Stephen King collection!  I know I own Cycle of the Werewolf, but this copy is in much better condition than the one I own.  The anthology is a nice addition to my collection, as I have a few other titles the publisher has released.  Bare Bones is a collection of interviews and non-fiction released in the mid '80s, and something I was unaware of.  And my favorite thing here is the collection of King's early works, with the infamous scene from The Shining as cover art.


Well, this is one more entry for the year.  I will probably do some more thrifting soon, so hopefully I will have another entry sooner than later.

1 comment:

William said...

I love that Nintendo Player's Guide! I always wanted that back when I was playing the NES but could never find it. I finally grabbed a copy while thrifting about a year ago.