Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend finds, part 1

This past weekend was Memorial Day weekend, which gave my parents a 3-day weekend so they took the opportunity to come up and visit us.  As with most of their visits, we ended up spending some time in the local thrift stores.  let's take a look at what I was able to score (non-books) this holiday weekend.

We also visited a local flea market, but nothing was found there except disappointment.


First up was this sweet Taz coffee mug.  I have a great coffee mug collection and am always looking for new additions to it.  Taz is also Elizabeth's favorite Looney Tunes character, so this was a no brainer.

Once in a Lifetime
Elizabeth and I both graduated in 2000, and this was an item Elizabeth found.  A beanie baby knock-off of a graduate with a paper diploma and a coffee mug.  Worth it for the mug alone, I think.


I almost passed this up, as:
1) I didn't see the bin of CDs for sale in the store.
2) I thought it was the score to The Last Crusade, which I already own.
Thankfully, I took a second look at it and realized it is "The Story of".  I assume that this had some kind of book with it at some point.  The CD contains the main plot of the movie, and includes sound effects and musical cues.  A very interesting find for me.



Two additions to our every growing game collection.  The Disney Trivia 2 (The Sequel) game is brand new, just with some minor dings on the tin box that holds everything.  The cards are still in cellophane wrappers.  The murder mystery game is pretty much an updated version of those "host a murder" VHS games from the '80s, as this one has a DVD.  Being based around a Hawaiian luau, this was hard to pass up.  It too looks to be never played.


This was my favorite find of the weekend.  A Disney Aladdin Christmas ornament from Enesco.  The box is in great condition, and I'm pretty sure the ornament has never been taken out for use.  There is no hook attached to it, and the plastic that holds Genie is in great condition as well.  I don't know if it is an original price tag or from some other store, but there was a tag for $17.50 on the bottom.  I paid $1.25 at the Goodwill though.  Seems to be from a collection, as the back of the box has an ad featuring 2 other Aladdin ornaments and 3 from Beauty and the Beast.


COMING SOON: The books I found while out this weekend.
 

No comments: