Wednesday, February 15, 2012

02-15-2012

Last night Elizabeth and I continued with the tradition of a Valentine's date night double feature.  Last year we watched Valentine's Day and Paranormal Activity 2.  So, in keeping with tradition, we watched Crazy, Stupid, Love. and Paranormal Activity 3.

Crazy, Stupid, Love. has a great ensemble cast that includes Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore, Emma Stone, and Kevin Bacon.  It's a film that covers a lot of emotions genres, and has a few different plotlines that eventually intersect and I didn't see it coming.  I give props to the writing and directing for something that seems so obvious and yet blindsided me.  It really was a great film, one that Elizabeth and I both enjoyed a lot.  I really enjoyed Stone and Gosling's pairing, and that Goslings character "Miyagi'ed" Carells.

Paranormal Activity 3 was a decent expansion onto the story.  It was creepy at times, especially since kids were involved.  I hate when things from the trailer don't make it into the film, and that has happened with both sequels in this series.  But I do enjoy series like this, since Elizabeth isn't into gore and slasher films.  I thought putting the camera onto the oscillating fan base was great, and the scene with the babysitter down stairs was easily the best scare for us.

Now I'm curious as to what next years double feature will be, unless there is a Paranormal Activity 4 for us to watch.

No comments: