Friday, May 17, 2013

05-17-2013

Once again, time to catch up on movies!

72) Beetlejuice - I've been wanting to rewatch this one for a few weeks now, and finally got around to doing so.  It hold up well.  It's probably one of my favorite Burton films.  Keaton in the title role steals the whole movie, even though the character in on screen for about 18 minutes.  I've not always beeen a fan of Alec Baldwin, but I've watched a few movies starring him this year and he has grown on me.  I really like him and Geena Davis as the Maitlands.  My favorite scene is the dinner table possession.  It's a fun film, with a great cast all around.

73) Attack of the Killer Tomatoes - First off, my main reason for watching this was because it's the retrospective in the new issue of HorrorHound and it has been over a decade since I have watched it.  Funny enough, the cover story for the new issue of HH is animated horror shows, with "Beetlejuice" being the main focus.  Onto the movie: It's bad.  But it was made that way, which makes it entertaining.  Which really, doesn't make much sense.  I enjoy it, and probably next time I watch it it'll be with the trivia track (Yes, I own this on DVD, in a special collector's edition.)  Not that I'll be viewing it again anytime soon.  I did queue the rest of the movie series at Netflix though, so I might be investing some time into the sequels soon!

74) Star Trek Into Darkness - Dave and I went to the Midnight showing Wednesday night, in which attendance was sparce.  But then again, we both thought the midnight opening was Thursday night.  I enjoyed the film, but it could've been better.  I wish Abrams was creating his own Trek universe, instead of rehashing characters and ideas.  I won't go into details, since they fall into the spoiler realm, but a new villain would of been nice.  I did like Peter Weller, who I didn't even know was going to be in the film.  But I did end up coming home and watching some Original Star Trek episodes on Netflix.  I did feel there was some ser-up for continuing this new franchise, and I look forward to seeing how that gets explored.  And the Klingons were a welcomed surprise.  But all in all, I felt a little robbed once the credits started to role.


No comments: