Monday, May 06, 2013

05/06/2013

Movie catch up time!

69) Street Fighter - A rather hokey, yet entertaining, film adaptation of the popular video game.  I know fans of the game have issue with the movie, but I found it to be an enjoyable time.  Or as Dave said "it's a good bad movie".  Yes, there is not a lot of fighting in the film itself (an error MK rectified).  But I liked the story and  I feel they brought a majority of the characters to a decent representation on film.  And Raul Julia totally steals the movie as General Bison.

70) Iron Man 3 - Went and saw the 9 PM showing on Thursday with Dave.  I really enjoyed it.  Much better than the second, and on par with the first.  I had a friend say they enjoyed it more than The Avengers. It has a great story, and lots of action.  For an 120 minute film, it didn't drag at all for me.  I really love Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark.  And the rest of the cast ain't to bad either.  I might actually have to get around to adding the Marvel movies to my BR collection.

71) Frequency - Elizabeth and I had a date night Friday, and this was the movie that was pulled from the bowl.  It's also a movie from my "40 before 40" list, and one of the few that I haven't seen myself.  Which after watching, I'm surprised I hadn't!  especially since I'm pretty sure I've owned the DVD since my Blockbuster Video days.  I loved it.  It has an excellent and different use of the time travel story, and I love how it shows how one small change effects everything.  It has great suspense to it, and I really enjoyed the father/son aspect of the storytelling.  One most definely worth seeking out if you haven't seen it.

No comments: