Friday, June 07, 2013

06-07-2013

Been a slow week.  Nothing new really happening, and work has been slow.  I have gotten a few movies watched.  This weekend should be fun, as the annual Marriage Tune-Up is going on at PBC.  This year we are doing Gary Chapman's The 5 Love Languages.  Elizabeth and I are actually going to be doing childcare this year, which should be fun.

What movies have I watched recently?

89) Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead - A fairly decent sequel in the Phantasm franchise.  We saw the return of the original Mike actor, who I didn't find annoying at all in this film.  A new kid was introduced as Reggie's sidekick in his endeavor to hunt down The Tall Man, especially after Mike is taken by him.  Reg gets some unexpected help from Jody, now a minion of The Tall Man.  Some good fight scenes, and I liked the scene where Tim (the kid) defends his house from some scavengers.  The ending is once again left open (the Phantasm trademark).  Of course, Angus Scrimm steals the whole show, as does the score.

91) Phantasm IV: Oblivion - An odd movie.  Not bad, per se.  As I did enjoy it, and it made me appreciate the franchise.  But it's not as action-y as II and III, and it leaves a lot of questions unanswered.  I'm not a fan of trying to give The Tall Man an origin, but it doesn't take away from the character.  Once again, a very open ending.  I did enjoy how unused film from Phantasm was incorporated into the film.

90) Now You See Me - Elizabeth and I loved this film.  It was a great way to spend time in the theater.  A cast that worked well with one another, and a decent plot.  I love magic, so I was excited to see what this film had to offer, and I was not disappointed.

No comments: