Wednesday, June 26, 2013

06/26/2013

Well, I've fallen behind on updating again.  I really would like to get in the habit of doing this at least every couple of days, just so I'm writing and don't get backed-up on the films.

It's been a pretty decent week.  Nothing too eventful.  Elizabeth and I did some house straightening last night, since Roc might be coming down from Richmond this weekend.  Even if he doesn't, the house looks good and I hope we can keep it this way.

I finished watching the Rambo franchise last week, with back-to-back viewings of Rambo III and Rambo.  Both are pretty decent films, but don't compare to the first two.  Rambo was interesting, seeing the character almost 20 years later.

Last Thursday, I surprised Elizabeth with a date night and we went up to Williamsburg for dinner and a movie.  We had dinner at Friendly's, a restaurant we both love.  The initial plan was to attend a showing of The Sound of Music at Movie Tavern, but that afternoon I found out Monsters University was opening that night with an 8 pm showing, we attended that instead.

103) Monsters University - This was a really fun film, and I'm glad we went in with little knowledge of the actual plot.  I love Monsters Inc., and this is a great companion piece to it.  I really would like to see the two of them back-to-back, to see the nods to the original that they put in the prequel.

Lunch date with Eliz, so the rest of this update will be at a later time!

No comments: