Wednesday, June 19, 2013

06/19/2013

So, it has been over a week since I last updated, so I'm taking time this morning to do so.  I really need to get into the habit of writing more often, even if it's just a small update.

Work is continuing to be great.  If you had told me 6 months ago that I would find I job I was completely happy with and looked forward to each day, I would of called you a liar.  It's an amazing feeling to not be stressed and to actually enjoy work once again.  It may not be 682, but nothing will ever be.  I truly love my job, and the fact that is also serves as a ministry is awesome.

Elizabeth and I had a great time last Wednesday at Chuck E. Cheese with the kids and their parents.  Thursday we went to the Rathbones to get copies of the new Sunday School curriculum.  We had a pretty big storm come through around 5 that day, and they had lost power, so we ended up hanging out with them and playing cards, eating pizza, and just enjoying the company of one another.  It was a great time.  Eliz and I are really looking forward to the pre-teen ministry going forward.

On the movie front, I watched my 100th movie of the year.  6 months earlier than 2012, when movie 100 was watched in December.  So, I've forgotten if I set a goal for this year, but I think 200 is reasonable, if I continue on this track.

97) Raiders of the Lost Ark - Dave and I took the opportunity to see this on the big screen and went to Cinemark last Wednesday afternoon.  It was fun, and a great movie to experience in a theater.  The first  3 Indiana Jones movies are wonderful adventure films, and I would look the chance to see Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade in theaters as well.

98) Constantine - Elizabeth and I had a date night the other night, and this was the movie drawn.  (I'm not sure if I've explained this before, but I will put movies on a slip of paper and have E draw one or two, and that is our selection for the night.  We came up with this idea, as when I am left to choose, I get moody and indecisive, and the night gets ruined.)  I really enjoy this film, and since I was introduced to the character via film and not comic books, the characterizations that were changed I can deal with.    It's a fun, atmospheric supernatural/action/thriller, with a good cast.  I've always like Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz, and they both do excellent in this film.

99) Bad Company - This was a little thriller that somehow slipped under my radar, especially for being a Joel Schumacher film.  Which is odd, since it was released during my BBV days.  It was pretty decent, given the concept is highly unbelievable, LoL.  A CIA agent is killed in action, so his twin brother (they were separated at birth) is recruited to replace him and trained to help finalize a deal that is going down for a nuclear weapon....in just 9 days.  Add in that the two main characters are played by Anthony Hopkins and Chris Rock, maybe I can understand how this did get by me.

100) Knight and Day - Another date night bowl selection for Elizabeth and I.  I really like this film, and it is one of the films within the past 5 years that have made me like Tom Cruise.  Maybe it's the memory of us seeing this film together at the drive-in that adds to the likeness factor, but it's just a fan action romp, one where you don't have to think much, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments: