Thursday, June 27, 2013

06/27/2013

So, after having lunch with Elizabeth, I had practice for the VBS play and then worked last night, so I now return to catch us all up-to-date!

Over the weekend, I watched the movies Netflix had sent out to me.  I don't keep a close eye on my queue, so sometimes checking the mail can be an adventure.  I had two sc-fi themed films, which isn't always my bag, but I was in a decent mood and gave them a shot.

104) Logan's Run - A campy classic from the '70s, and surprisingly one I hadn't seen.  It does show its age at times, but still overall a decent film.  The basic premise is a Utopian society with one major drawback: you only get to live until your 30.  Michael York plays a sandman, a group who terminates the runners, people who attempt to escape their fate.  He's given the task to find Sanctuary, but what does he really find?

105) Johnny Mnemonic - Before I say anything, 2 things: 1) I like Keanu Reeves as an actor, and 2) I know nothing about cyberpunk literature.  That being said, I really liked this film.  It has a very interesting concept, and made me want to watch The Matrix.  I loved Dolph Lundgren in it, and wish he had a bigger part (I've read his role is bigger in the Japanese cut).  Besides Lundgren, the supporting cast in this one is pretty solid: Ice-T, Henry Rollins, and Takeshi specifically.  If I found it cheap, and in Widescreen, I would add this to my collection.

No comments: