Wednesday, June 12, 2013

06/12/2013

It's late, but I'm not tired, so I thought I would take this time to catch the blog up to date with my movie watching.

93) The Numbers Station - This is a new DTV movie that John Cusack did, and it sounded decent enough that I gave it a shot.  It wasn't that bad either.  I'm not the biggest fan of Malin Akerman, the female lead, but she did a pretty decent job in this.  Basically, a black ops agent gets reassigned to watch over and protect a code announcer, and the station comes under attack.  No big twist or anything, and it actually reminded me of Safe House at times.  But I was able to enjoy the movie, especially Cusacks performance.

94) The Bourne Legacy - An expansion of the Jason Bourne universe, with the introduction of Aaron Cross (played by Jeremy Renner).  What happens when you have someone with the same abilities, but remembers everything about themself?  The acting was great, and Elizabeth and I really enjoyed the movie.   I especially liked how it runs parallel to The Bourne Ultimatum.  The fight scenes are top-notch, and the chase scenes are great.  The final 15 minutes is edge of your seat.  I'm curious if they will make another chapter in this movie franchise.

95) Jack Reacher - I did not want to like this movie.  I love the book series by Lee Child, and I just find Tom Cruise a bad fit for the character.  But I've got to admit, they did an excellent job bringing One Shot to the screen.  Outside of the Cruise miscast (even though his acting was decent), I think the rest of the cast was pretty good.  A good adaptation of the series, and I hope a sequel happens in the future.  Elizabeth really enjoyed this film, too.

96) Rambo First Blood: Part II - This is a Grade A '80s action flick.  Stallone goes all out as Rambo returns to Vietnam on a mission to save POWs.  I loved it.  Stallone has become a favorite of mine in the last few years, and this ranks as one of his best of the '80s.

No comments: