Tuesday, January 03, 2012

01-03-2012

So, 2012 has begun and I've decided to take on trying to write again.  Going to start small, with a journal and work from there.  My thoughts for this thing are to pretty much talk about movies and such, but we'll see.  I'm at least going to start off that way.

Last year I begun to keep a notebook of what I watched, movie-wise. This wasn't the first time I've done such a thing, and I'm not really sure why I like keeping track of such things, but I do.  Surprisingly, I only watched 127 movies, including multiple views (IE I saw Captain America twice in theaters last summer).  That averages about 2.5 movies a week, but when you factor in things like Elizabeth and I did a POTC marathon before going to see On Stranger Tides, or Rocky, Dave, and I spent December 30th in a Puppet Master 'thon, where we watched the first 5 movies, it seems small.  Which means I know I am capable of breaking 200 movies in the coming year.

So, will I blog about every movie?  Probably not.  But my goal is at least 3 movies a week, which will give me 156 movies.  Between my own collection of films, NetFlix streaming, and the pretty amazing collection the public library has on hand, I can do this.

So, my first movie of 2012?  Twins, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito.  Elizabeth and I watched it last night on streaming.  It's probably been at least 15 years since I had last seen it, so I only had a vague collection of it.  I enjoyed it a lot, especially seeing Arnold play the naive "nerd" role.  I enjoyed the chemistry that Arnold and Danny had, and I really liked the scenes where you see them having the same traits and actions.  I enjoyed Arnold poking fun at Stallone, as well as being able to make fun of his classic line from Terminator.

A work in progress, but hopefully I at least keep up with it.

No comments: