Tuesday, January 31, 2012

01-31-2012

Wow, I can't believe that January has come and gone!  It's been a pretty good month, for the most part.  I look forward to what February has in store for us.  We've got plans to help out with FamilyLife at the upcoming Weekend to Remember, which is the 10th through the 12th.  We'll be helping out with the store, I believe.

The weekend was nice.  We've had really good weather recently.  Church was great on Sunday, and I look forward to Pastor John's preaching through the book of 1 Corinthians.  This Sunday is when the winter classes begin, which will be great.  Elizabeth and I are taking the class based off of Courageous.

So, what movies have I watched since I last wrote?  Let's see.

Elizabeth and I watched Blast from the Past starring Brendan Fraser and Alicia Silverstone on Saturday.  We both thought we had seen it before, but neither one of us remembered it.  I really enjoyed it, and might even add it to the DVD collection eventually.  It's funny and sweet, with some really good performances (Christopher Walken and Dave Foley, in particular).

Sunday night we watched Devil.  I thought this was a nice little thriller.  5 people stuck in an elevator, one of them being the Devil in disguise there to collect the others, for whom are all to be punished.  It's based off of an old wives tale.  It has some good thrills, with a nice little twist I wasn't expecting.

No comments: