Wednesday, January 04, 2012

01-04-2012

Last night, we went and saw Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol starring Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner, and Paula Patton.  Wow, such a great movie.  I was thoroughly impressed with it, and it is easily the best of the franchise.  It has a good plot and some of the best action sequences I have seen in a while.  The finale, which is a fight that takes place in a rotating parking garage, is probably the most intense I've been at the movies in a long time.  I can easily say that it's the best action film to come out in 2011.  Plus, Elizabeth really enjoyed it too.

Part of me wishes I had seen it in IMAX, just to see how crazy it is.  But, $5 is always the better option.  IMAX isn't necessary to make a movie enjoyable.

Today went by quickly at work.  We were closed for about an hour this afternoon, as Dominion had to shut the power off to fix a transformer on our grid.  So, by the time the power came back on and the store reopened, I only had about 90 minutes left of the shift.  Which part of that time went towards taking carry of lottery.

Elizabeth is off in an hour, and we'll hit the Poquoson library and probably Heroes & Villains before heading to church for AdventureLand.  Afterwards, we'll probably just come home and relax together.  I've got a few holds to pick up at the library.  The new Alex Cross book as well as Stephanie Plum for Eliz.  Will more than likely grab a couple movies while we're there.


No comments: