Wednesday, January 11, 2012

01-11-2012

Last night I watched The Killing Machine starring and directed by Dolph Lundgren.  And I shockingly enjoyed it.  I thought it was a decent DTV movie, especially since the other actors in it were a bunch of unknowns.

The plot is pretty basic: Dolph plays a former KGB agent who is now a hit-man for hire.  After a job in Hong Kong, he and his family become the mark as someone is trying to tie up lose ends.  So he tries to figure out who is after him.  The acting isn't award-winning, but I never considered turning the movie off at any point.  The action scenes were great.  Not something I would own, but I'm becoming really picky with what I've been buying recently. 

As you can tell, I've been in an action mood recently.  I feel a lot of random movies, like this one, will be watched in the coming year.  Things I wouldn't have considered watching a few years ago, but now think they might be worthwhile.  I'm actually interested in watching more of Lundgren's movies.  I mostly know him from the late '80s stuff he did (Rocky IV (my favorite), The Punisher, and of course, the classic Masters of the Universe live-action film!)  Some of his stuff is on streaming, so I'll see what I think is worth my time.  Eventually, I hope to start getting DVDs again from NetFlix, so that will give me access to the stuff that isn't on streaming.

Today is comic book day, and Elizabeth and I also plan on hitting the libraries.  Other than that, not sure what the night holds.  It's a cold and dreary kind of day. 

No comments: