Thursday, January 05, 2012

01-05-2012

Yesterday, we ended up hitting the library after church since we had a few errands to run before hand.  Elizabeth and I both enjoy teaching AdventureLand; it's a different pace than Sunday School, with a wider range of kids.  Sunday morning we teach 4th & 5th grade, while on Wednesday nights we get 1st-5th grade.  Both are a lot of fun, and I love being involved once again in the church.  I never thought I would be a Sunday School teacher, let alone in the children's division!

At the library,  I grabbed a few movies and Elizabeth got a majority of the books.  I'm going to make sure if I borrow a movie from the library, it gets watched before returning.  That was a problem I had last year, borrowing items and never watching them.

Last night I watched The Mechanic starring Jason Statham and Ben Foster.  It was one of the DVDs I borrowed yesterday.  I enjoyed it, even though it does have a few flaws.  First off, as much as I enjoy Statham movies, he seems to play the same type of characters.  But he is good at what he does, and that's make action movies.  The plot was pretty basic, and I enjoyed the interaction between Statham and Foster.  There was some predictability to it, but was still an enjoyable flick.  I enjoyed Foster being shown the ropes of assassin for hire.  The action scenes were good.  I really enjoyed the scene near the end once Statham realized he had been played and they were going after his contact.  The SUV going through the bus was pretty spectacular.  And the ending was no surprise to me.

 I enjoy most any genre of movie. I can't think of one genre I dislike; even foreign films have begun to grow on me as I've grown older.  I think my favorite is probably Action/Adventure though, as I can throw on even the worst action film and have a good time with it.  Some of my favorite action movies include The Last Boy Scout and the franchises of Die Hard & Lethal Weapon.  Probably all movies I will watch at some point this year. 


No comments: