Saturday, January 07, 2012

01-07-2012

Just finished watching Game of Death starring Wesley Snipes and Zoe Bell.  It was an ok movie.  It kept my interest enough for me to finish it, and I did end up giving it a 3 star rating on Netflix.  But it had some flaws, and the acting was great.

The plot is a CIA agent is working undercover for some shady folks, and his team decides to change the plans on him and intercept the money for themselves.  I'm not sure if the heart attack for the guy Snipes is body-guarding was planned, or somehow the CIA set it in motion, because the first half of the movie takes place in a hospital and seems to be easily overtaken if it wasn't planned.  A lot of senseless killing of innocents, as the new head (after Wesley's mentor is killed) of CIA team doesn't like witnesses.  Once the heart attack victim is good enough to move (and his doctor is kidnapped to keep him alive), the movie shifts to the building/vault of the guy whose money is being stolen.  The villain had the chance to kill Snipes character at the hospital, and it's never explained why he didn't.  I guess because they were partners.

Now that I think about it, this was a very weak movie.  Of course, not the worst movie I've seen, and I don't regret watching it.  It was more of a late night fare.

Guess I'll head to bed, even though I'm not all that tired.  I work an odd shift tomorrow, 12-7.  Which will more than likely be cut down, since I'm not expecting us to be that busy.  I normally close on Saturdays, so having an evening to do something will be nice. 

No comments: